We are seeking candidates for the postdoc and the graduate student/PhD student positions in the OPUS 2019/33/B/NZ2/02100 project “Development of a new protein-protein docking method based on the flexible docking of short peptide fragments” – financed by the National Science Centre. Details are listed below.
A successful candidate:
Graduate student/ PhD student positionA successful candidate:
• is eligible for PhD studies in Poland.
• has solid knowledge of protein structure.
• has experience in computer programming, preferably in Python or C++.
• is proficient in written and spoken English.
As a PhD student you will be participating in a project aimed at developing a novel protein docking tool. In particular you will:
• learn about protein modeling techniques
• improve programming skills and learn how to work in a software development team
• write and test computer code
• conduct computational experiments
• co-author scientific publications
Within the project the following milestones will be achieved:
• design of the algorithm
• development of the protein docking tool
• benchmark testing of the docking tool
• development of the web application for protein docking
• Full-time PhD scholarship for 12-33 months in amount of 5000 PLN/month
• Scientific training and academic mentoring
• Participation in international scientific conferences
• Comfortable workspace in the Biological and Chemical Research Center building
• Flexible working hours
• No teaching obligations
Apply by sending an email to Mateusz Kurciński email@example.com before 23/10/2020. Your application should contain:
• copies of diplomas
• list of publications
• consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of the recruitment
• feel free but not obliged to include copies of any documents confirming scientific or professional achievements, awards etc.
Selected candidates will be informed about the date of the interview by e-mail before 26/10/2020. The results of the recruitment will be given by e-mail till 30/10/2020. The interview will take place via Internet.
We are constantly looking for motivated individuals to join our team or to remotely cooperate on defined goals. We offer training, support in pursuing scientific projects in different areas of computational biology, or a cozy desk in our facilities in Warsaw. The possibility of financial support depends on ongoing grants.